Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Filing Frenzy

Ever wonder about life?  I do.  Life is all about filing.  Life is one huge filing cabinet with a system, and each drawer a chapter in the life's filing cabinet, and each file an incident or an experience of that life's file drawer.  That particular filing system is call the brain.

And then there's everything else in life that gets filed away.


It goes without saying that all important papers get filed away, but what about garbage?  That gets filed in the garbage bin, probably located under a sink or next to your filing cabinet or desk of drawers.  And when that bin gets filled, all of that gets filed in the garbage bins outside for the city to pick up and file in their system.  And I'll bet there are at least three color-coded files for that out in your garage -- compost, recycle, and all the rest -- mandated filing by the City.


Dirty clothes get filed in the clothes hamper which is filed somewhere in your home.  When the clothes hamper gets filled up, the clothes get filed by color and type of fabric into a temporary file called the washing machine, which is most likely filed in the garage or laundry room.  Mine is filed inside my kitchen.


So, after the clothes are all washed and dried, they all get filed back into their respective drawers and closets.  The detergent gets filed back with the fabric softener and the anti-static sheets.  And that process of filing waits to happen again.


And what about when you go down to get something to eat?  Eggs, meat, vegetables, soft drinks, butter -- all filed in the refrigerator.  And I'll bet each one has its respective shelf just like a filing cabinet -- butter is in its little compartment, eggs are in their egg compartment, the ice is in the freezer file as is the ice cream.  And that refrigerator?  Mine is filed in the kitchen near the stove, sink, and washing machine.


And after a hard days night, you'll do what I do -- file myself in my bathroom for a long hot shower.  The soap I use is filed in the soap dish which is filed on a hanger over the shower head.  The shampoo is filed in one corner of my bathroom, the wash cloth is filed on a hook next to my soap dish, and my razor is filed under the soap.  Water spills out of its respective file, lands on me, washes off all of the crud that got filed on my skin, and then goes down the drain and gets filed somewhere in the City's water reclamation facility.  The towel that I've filed over my curtain rod gets filed back once I use it.  The moister left over on that towel evaporates and get filed back into the atmosphere.  And after I brush my teeth, my toothbrush and toothpaste get filed back in a small cup that's filed in the corner of my bathroom sink.


My TV is filed on top of my dresser, my computer is filed on top of my desk, and my desk and dresser are filed in my one bedroom office apartment, which is filed in a building that is filed on Balboa Street which was filed a long time ago in San Francisco.


Trouble is, that on my desk where my computer is filed, lay bunches of papers that need to be filed in an actual filing cabinet!  Imagine that!  And all the VHS cassettes where my Egyptian movies are filed, need to be filed back in the book cases, which are filed in another room.  I've called this my temporary file.


I'm currently filing my shoes in the middle of the floor where I removed them just minutes ago from having previously filed them on my feet, and I doubt I'll remove them from that temporary file.  There are a couple of used plates and utensils where I had filed some milk and cereal in one of them, and some ground seasoned beef and baked fish in another -- now filed in my stomach, on my office desk, and if I don't file them in my temporary kitchen sink file, I'm apt to cover them up with more un-filed paper work.


God, I HATE filing!


Well, I guess I'll close now, and file this blog in my Pondering on a Thought blog file under the title, Filing Frenzy, and hope that it gets picked up and read by some of my followers, who, by the way, are filed in my Gmail email account and in my personal circles files in my Google+ file.



What haven't YOU filed today?


No comments: